Use this Application Engineer job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Application Engineer responsibilities include:
- Collaborating on software development projects with engineering, sales and customer services departments
- Liaising with clients and incorporating user-defined needs and feedback into application designs
- Writing code and scripts for applications, as well as installing, maintaining and testing applications
We are looking for an Application Engineer to join our team and consult with our clients to communicate their software needs to our development team and demonstrate software products to our customers when required.
Application Engineer responsibilities include providing technical support to our clients and assisting our sales team with software demonstrations and prototypes throughout the sales process.
Ultimately, you will work directly with our clients and provide support for our sales and software development teams as needed.
- Provide clients with technical support as needed and relay information to our development teams for ongoing maintenance and update needs
- Optimize applications by integrating new technologies and performing upgrades
- Contribute to sales presentations, as well as demonstrating prototypes and completed applications
- Perform diagnostic tests and debugging procedures while improving code and re-designing tasks
- Generate ideas for software innovation based on market trends
- Document development processes, procedures and application version histories
- Keep up with advancements in application engineering and new technologies
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Application Engineer or similar role
- Previous experience in sales or customer services is advantageous
- Extensive experience in deploying, optimizing and maintaining software
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Superb collaboration and communication
- Great organization and time management
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Application Engineer
Frequently asked questions
What does an Application Engineer do?
An Application Engineer modifies existing software technologies to the unique specifications of their customers while acting as a bridge between the sales team and software development teams.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Application Engineer?
An Application Engineer is responsible for assessing customer needs, designing and testing software and supporting the sales team with product prototypes and presentations.
What makes a good Application Engineer?
A good Application Engineer must have excellent communication skills since they work with customers and relay information to the development team for ongoing software maintenance and enhancements.
Who does an Application Engineer work with?
An Application Engineer works with several departments like Sales Representatives to assist with presentations and Software Engineers to address customer needs.