Use this Compliance Specialist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Compliance Specialist responsibilities include:
- Consulting with the legal department and advising leadership and management on compliance matters
- Developing and providing employee training on compliance policies, practices, and reporting systems
- Identifying, investigating, and reporting compliance issues, irregularities, and violations
We are looking for a Compliance Specialist to join our team and ensure that our organization is in compliance with all regulations, laws, and policies.
Compliance Specialist responsibilities include delivering employee training, evaluating compliance activities, and acting as a liaison between the organization and various government agencies.
Ultimately, you will work with different departments within our organization to ensure we meet all policies and laws that are required.
- Track and respond to complaints
- Maintain records of compliance activities
- Communicate with government agencies
- Prepare and file compliance reports
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Compliance Specialist or similar role
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Documenting and reporting skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Compliance Specialist
Frequently asked questions
What does a Compliance Specialist do?
A Compliance Specialist ensures that an organization remains compliant with all regulations and policies as required based on the local and federal requirements.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Compliance Specialist?
A Compliance Specialist has many responsibilities, such as delivering employee training and evaluating an organization’s activities according to local and federal regulations.
What makes a good Compliance Specialist?
A good Compliance Specialist must have analytical thinking skills since they are required to ensure that all activities within an organization adhere to various policies and regulatory requirements.
Who does a Compliance Specialist work with?
A Compliance Specialist will work with many professionals like an HR Officer to ensure various departments remain compliant with all necessary laws and regulations.