Use this County Clerk job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
County Clerk responsibilities include:
- Managing records and issuing licenses or permits
- Scanning documents, making photocopies and certifying them
- Typing correspondence, reports and other documents
We are looking for a County Clerk to join our team and manage all documents and records for our county.
County Clerk responsibilities include maintaining records of notary bonds, birth certificates and keeping records of all official resolutions and ordinances for our county.
Ultimately, you will work with a small team to ensure our records, licenses and resolutions are organized and maintained throughout the year.
- Create, maintain, organize and file various documents
- Capture data on spreadsheets and in various computer programs
- Run errands, such as collecting documents and transporting documents to other offices
- Handle correspondence for the County Clerk’s office
- Receive relevant fees and balance a cash drawer
- Perform election administration tasks and capture election data
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a County Clerk or similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide information as requested
- Strong people skills to work with citizens and elected officials
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of information
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a County Clerk
Frequently asked questions
What does a County Clerk do?
A County Clerk processes and makes all case documents, such as civil lawsuits or traffic tickets, available to the public.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a County Clerk?
The County Clerk is responsible for various tasks, such as managing jurors, maintaining case evidence and submitting appeals to state appellate courts as needed.
What makes a good County Clerk?
A good County Clerk needs to have excellent communication skills since they work with a number of citizens and city officials throughout the day. They must also have good organizational skills, as they manage licenses, permits and certificates.
Who does a County Clerk work with?
A County Clerk works with many city officials like the City Clerk to ensure official records and licenses are organized and readily available as needed throughout the year.