Use this Engineering Manager job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Engineering Manager responsibilities include:
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time
- Proposing and managing budgets for projects
- Supervising the work of multiple teams
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team and lead various projects across several teams to help create processes and execute strategies to ensure projects are developed in a timely manner.
Engineering Manager responsibilities include researching and developing new products, building project budgets and overseeing the successful execution of projects throughout the year.
Ultimately, you will work closely with different teams to ensure projects are completed according to schedule and budget.
- Research and develop designs and products
- Determine the need for training and talent development
- Hire contractors and build teams
- Ensure products have the support of upper management
- Provide clear and concise instructions to engineering teams
- Lead research and development projects that produce new designs, products, and processes.
- Check their team’s work for technical accuracy
- Coordinate work with other managers and staff
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems
- Communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel
- Detail-oriented with the ability to catch minor errors which can result in major problems
- Math skills, including calculus and other advanced mathematics
- Organizational skills for keeping track of various budgets, employees, and schedules simultaneously
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Engineering Manager
Frequently asked questions
What does an Engineering Manager do?
An Engineering Manager is responsible for developing the overall concepts of new products and/or solving problems that may prevent their completion. They direct, plan accordingly, and spend time supervising employees in different departments throughout the project.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Engineering Manager?
An Engineering Manager will have many duties, but they primarily focus on assigning tasks to engineering and technical personnel, overseeing project logistics and ensuring that projects are completed within budget and on schedule.
What makes a good Engineering Manager?
A good Engineering Manager must have excellent communication skills since they need to deliver technical instructions to different departments based on their role in a project’s development. They must also be organized, as they manage resources and budgets across multiple departments throughout the project.
Who does an Engineering Manager work with?
An Engineering Manager will work with professionals across the organization like Engineers who specialize in different areas of expertise.