Use this Engineering Technician job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Engineering Technician responsibilities include:
- Working alongside engineers to design, build and test solutions to a variety of technical problems
- Inspecting and modifying existing designs and prototypes
- Conducting research, collecting data and writing daily reports
We are looking for an Engineering Technician to join and support our engineering team with inspections, research and ensuring the safety and cleanliness of each job site.
Engineering Technician responsibilities include performing research, building prototypes and inspecting products at the direction of lead engineers. They may also provide customer support and report day-to-day issues to their supervisor.
Ultimately, you will aid engineers by communicating effectively to troubleshoot technical issues and design models for new products and equipment.
- Run tests, diagnostics, and calibrations
- Conduct experiments and investigations under the guidance of engineers
- Inspect inventory and reorder materials and technical components
- Analyze operations and offer suggestions for improvement
- Maintain records and assist with presentations
- Attend conferences and participate in other learning and growth opportunities
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Engineering Technician or similar role
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills and time management
- Excellent health and safety knowledge
- Ability to collaborate and remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment
- Relevant licensure or certifications may be required
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does an Engineering Technician do?
Engineering Technicians solve problems in various fields, such as civil engineering for building structures or mechanical processes. They usually support lead engineers and other professionals throughout each project.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Engineering Technician?
An Engineering Technician will have various duties based on the projects, but they are typically responsible for repairing equipment, testing the effectiveness and functionality of products and gathering performance data from machines.
What makes a good Engineering Technician?
A good Engineering Technician needs to have excellent problem-solving skills to understand and resolve issues that arise throughout a project. They also need to have strong communication skills as they work with lead engineers and other professionals throughout their shift.
Who does an Engineering Technician work with?
An Engineering Technician usually works alone on various projects, and they are supervised by an Engineer who oversees all tasks.