Use this Fleet Manager job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Fleet Manager responsibilities include:
- Purchasing and maintaining vehicles for deliveries
- Deciding whether to lease or buy vehicles
- Assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet
We are looking for a Fleet Manager to join our team to oversee the purchasing and maintenance of vehicles to maximize our profitability.
Fleet Manager responsibilities include recruiting drivers, maintaining vehicle serving records and ensuring operational efficiency across the fleet throughout the year.
Ultimately, you will work closely with Delivery Drivers and Auto Mechanics in our organization to ensure operations run smoothly and our vehicles are maintained based on our organization’s standards.
- Develop efficient driver schedules to maximize profits
- Manage drivers so they adhere to strict schedules
- Register and license all vehicles under their management
- Find ways to cut costs and maximize profits
- Develop strategies for greater fuel efficiency
- Maintain detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Fleet Manager or similar role
- Analytical mindset and strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail to ensure records are kept as needed
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to work with various departments
- A bachelor’s degree in logistics or accounting is preferred
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Fleet Manager
Frequently asked questions
What does a Fleet Manager do?
The Fleet Manager is in charge of making sure that all fleet operations are running smoothly. They plan, coordinate and manage programs from acquisition to disposal, including vehicle maintenance.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Fleet Manager?
A Fleet Manager will have many duties throughout the day, but they typically focus on planning driving routes, directing drivers as needed and supervising vehicle maintenance schedules.
What makes a good Fleet Manager?
A good Fleet Manager must have excellent organizational skills since they are responsible for keeping track of maintenance documents for every vehicle in an organization.
Who does a Fleet Manager work with?
A Fleet Manager typically supervises a team of Drivers to ensure they follow efficient routes and have the tools they need to complete their deliveries throughout the day.