South by Southwest is the premier destination for global thought leaders working on new ideas to cultivate creativity and build a better future. From March 10-19, experience 10 days of collaboration, learning, networking, inspiration, and beyond at the 2023 SXSW Conference & Festivals.
From tech startup competitions to future-focused exhibitors and global emerging talent to buzz-worthy speakers, SXSW fosters creative and professional growth across a multitude of industries.
This might be an easy sell to you but how about to your company? We know that registration and travel can add up and be a daunting request to your supervisor. Thus, we’ve created a list of key takeaways and a handy form letter to help bolster your case to attend SXSW 2023, advance your own professional and personal development, and return an even stronger asset to your company.
South By the Numbers
Nine out of ten registrants say they achieved their goals and would make an effort to attend SXSW again in 2023. Groups of creatives across tech, film, and music industries converge in Austin each March and make SXSW a focal point for exploration, discovery, and connection. Take a look back at some standout stats from last season.
At SXSW 2022:
- 3,520 speakers shared their knowledge in 1,446 Conference sessions including 10 Keynotes, 518 Panels, 128 Featured Sessions, and more across multiple formats.
- 68 Meet Ups, 40 Workshops, and 9 Pitch events gave registrants direct access to events highlighting networking and professional growth.
- 1,504 Music Festival Showcasing Artists and 583 Film & TV Festival screenings provided even more opportunities to connect with industry experts.
What to Expect from SXSW
- Unique opportunities to interact directly with attendees from other areas of expertise and parts of the world
- Create lasting business connections
- Evolve your understanding of current practices
- Network with people outside of your industries
- Invest in new companies
- Find new business opportunities and collaborators
- Launch a new product or service
- Explore and experience “what’s next” across 25 Conference tracks
- Set the creative tone for the year
- Level up your professional development skills with one-on-one mentor sessions as well as accreditation opportunities
- Double fist tacos and BBQ – and BBQ tacos
- Get inspired by diverse programming from visionaries and industry experts
- Experience new cutting-edge tech, live music performances, film and television premieres, interactive art, and much more
- Expect the unexpected!
Enter your email below to download a form letter to help in drafting your request to attend SXSW:
The early bird catches the best SXSW Badge rates and available hotels. Assemble your SX squad and register to attend early for great savings! For teams of 10 or more, save with Group Registration rates.
Explore our Schedule Overview and take the Badge Quiz to discover which badge and arrival date best fits your needs.
See you in March!
Keep up with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
SXSW Attendee – Photo by Tico Mendoza