Use this Intelligence Analyst job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Intelligence Analyst responsibilities include:
- Identifying threats and providing recommendations on fighting crimes
- Developing assessments using available information
- Collaborating with international, national, state and local contacts in the intelligence and law enforcement communities
We are looking for an Intelligence Analyst to join our team and gather information to help us uncover and prevent criminal activities.
Intelligence Analyst responsibilities include preparing intelligence reports, handling sensitive information and providing recommendations to various law enforcement departments as needed.
Ultimately, you will work with a small team to use data and different reports to prevent criminal activity throughout the year.
- Examine information from a wide array of foreign sources
- Evaluate and assess gathered information
- Develop meaningful intelligence assessments, free of bias
- Write reports and create oral briefings
- Abide by all security protocols
- Integrate the cultural context from foreign sources
- Work under tight deadlines
- Work effectively with a cross functional team
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Intelligence Analyst or similar role
- Strong analytical skills to review lots of research and reports
- Strong critical thinking skills to piece together different data points
- Knowledge and understanding of different cultures and regions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Intelligence Analyst
Frequently asked questions
What does an Intelligence Analyst do?
An Intelligence Analyst gathers and evaluates information from different sources to predict organized crime activities.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Intelligence Analyst?
An Intelligence Analyst has many responsibilities like analyzing information and providing recommendations to various departments to take action and mitigate threats as needed.
What makes a good Intelligence Analyst?
A good Intelligence Analyst must have excellent analytical skills, as they will review high amounts of information and reports. They also need to have good communication skills to share their findings with different departments in a clear and concise manner.
Who does an Intelligence Analyst work with?
An Intelligence Analyst will work with many law enforcement professionals like Police Officers and Criminal Investigators during an investigation.