Use this Landscaper Laborer job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Landscaper Laborer responsibilities include:
- Managing plants, grass, and flowers on property
- Conducting general maintenance duties such as cleaning walkways and fixing fountains
- Applying fertilizer to help enhance growth of grass and shrubs
We are looking for a hardworking and dedicated Landscaper Laborer to conduct general lawn maintenance duties to ensure our customers have a beautiful and healthy outdoor environment.
A Landscaper Laborer’s responsibilities include applying fertilizers, maintaining landscape design integrity by removing weeds or dead plants from the property and caring for flowers on the property.
Ultimately, you will ensure that the lawns and gardens are properly maintained throughout the year.
- Uphold the landscaping design and ensure plant growth
- Remove weeds and dead plants
- Trim overgrown limbs, hedges and leaves
- Plant new decorative bushes, flowers, plants and shrubs
- Supervise maintenance repairs to equipment, landscape structures, outdoor furniture and walkways
- Advise clients on how to look after the landscape
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Landscaper Laborer or similar role
- Must be able to operate maintenance equipment, including lawnmowers, leaf blowers, and hedge trimmers
- Strong knowledge of pest management and basic lawn maintenance
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Good stamina and physical health to work outdoors for extended periods
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Landscaper Laborer do?
A Landscaper Laborer or groundskeeper is responsible for the look and maintenance of the customer’s outdoor space.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Landscaper Laborer?
A Landscaper Laborer will have different responsibilities, but they are typically responsible for performing tasks such as mowing, mulching and pruning trees or shrubs.
What makes a good Landscaper Laborer?
A good Landscaper Laborer should have a basic understanding of trees and grasses to ensure they apply the correct maintenance procedures. They should also know how to operate basic lawn equipment like lawnmowers and tree trimmers to complete tasks on the job site.
Who does a Landscaper Laborer work with?
A Landscaper Laborer typically works in a small team to complete their tasks, and they are supervised by a General Manager to set their schedule and ensure they complete their jobs on time.