Use this Landscaping Architect job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Landscaping Architect responsibilities include:
- Creating rough drawings and more sophisticated plans with computer-aided design (CAD) programs
- Analyzing complex environmental reports and using the knowledge gained in designs/plans
- Providing recommendations on conservation and sustainability issues
We are looking for a Landscaping Architect to join our team and oversee the planning and development of external spaces for our clients.
Landscaping Architect responsibilities include drawing plans with CAD software, consulting with customers, and drawing contracts to complete necessary work.
Ultimately, you will work with vendors and clients to help facilitate the planning and delivery of projects to our customers.
- Draw up reports and contracts
- Write proposals and present them to clients
- Liaise with fellow architects, project managers, engineers, and surveyors
- Speak to locals and community members to gain insight
- Consider environmental factors, such as energy availability
- Prepare site plans and graphic representations of plans using computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Prepare cost estimates and oversee the project’s budget
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Landscaping Architect or similar role
- Practical experience with CAD software
- Good creative flair and imagination
- The ability to respond well to feedback
- Strong understanding of written and verbal specifications
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Landscaping Architect
Frequently asked questions
What does a Landscaping Architect do?
Landscaping Architects create beautiful places to enjoy. They design gardens, playgrounds, and university campuses as well public spaces like parks that are functional for all sorts of people.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Landscaping Architect?
A Landscaping Architect has many responsibilities, such as overseeing the planning, designing, and development of outdoor environments for residential and commercial customers.
What makes a good Landscaping Architect?
A good Landscaping Architect must have an excellent understanding of visual composition in outdoor environments and how to meet the functional needs of their clients through outdoor landscaping.
Who does a Landscaping Architect work with?
A Landscaping Architect will work with many professionals like Landscapers to ensure the plans are followed and the final product meets specific specifications.