Use this Life Coach job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Life Coach responsibilities include:
- Gauging clients’ requirements and how coaching might best address these
- Delineating clients’ goals through ongoing discussions thereof
- Identifying internal and contextual roadblocks, and then devising plans to improve these
We are looking for a Life Coach to join our team and help our clients fulfill their potential to live a more well-rounded and enriching life.
A Life Coach’s responsibilities include working directly with clients to help them identify their goals, find resources to help them grow, and help their clients take necessary steps to reach their goals.
Ultimately, you will work with clients to understand their needs and support them as they work to build a more fulfilling life for themselves.
- Teach useful emotional and behavioral regulation techniques
- Collaborate with clients to develop action plans that center on the actualization of their stated ambitions
- Evaluate clients’ advancement toward goal actualization
- Encourage continued and sustainable progress
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Life Coach or similar role
- Ability to encourage introspection, connection and ambition
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Non-judgemental, reflexive and empathetic
- Decisive but amenable to change
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology or social development is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Life Coach do?
A Life Coach works with clients to improve the quality of their lives. They do this by helping them identify what they are passionate about and how best to utilize those skills in a career or relationship that aligns with their passions and strengths.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Life Coach?
A Life Coach will work with clients on goal-setting, personal growth and behavior modification to help them achieve their plans in life.
What makes a good Life Coach?
A good Life Coach must have excellent listening skills since they work directly with clients to understand their desires and help them reach their goals. They also need to have good critical thinking skills to help their clients find the right resources and choose the best actions to reach their goals.
Who does a Life Coach work with?
A Life Coach will work with a number of professionals like an Occupational Therapist to help their clients find the right actions depending on their goals.