Use this Mail Handler job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Mail Handler responsibilities include:
- Preparing large batches of mail for distribution
- Sorting and canceling mail using relevant machinery
- Loading and unloading trucks
We are looking for a Mail Handler to join our team and oversee the operations of our mailroom. They will help mail team members sort parcels that arrive at the mailroom, organize the supply room and keep the work area clean.
A Mail Handler’s responsibilities include using machinery to sort and separate parcels, operating forklifts and other equipment and ensuring that all mail is delivered in a timely manner.
Ultimately, you will work with other mailroom workers to receive, sort and distribute mail throughout the organization.
- Distributing mail to various carriers
- Operating copy machine and other office equipment
- Keeping work areas clean and neat
- Making occasional deliveries
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Mail Handler or similar role
- Good health and physical fitness to move parcels throughout your shift
- Availability to work night shifts and weekends
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Mail Handler do?
A Mail Handler oversees operations in a mailroom to ensure packages are received, sorted and distributed properly and in a timely manner.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Mail Handler?
A Mail Handler is responsible for the loading and unloading of mail throughout their facility. They also have other duties related to the movement or processing of parcels such as filing them according to proper procedures so that nothing gets lost in transit.
What makes a good Mail Handler?
A good Mail Handler needs to be able to pay close attention to details to ensure parcels are sorted properly in the mailroom.
Who does a Mail Handler work with?
A Mail Handler typically works in a small group with other employees to organize and transport parcels as needed. They also work with Mail Clerks to distribute mail throughout the organization.