Use this Park Ranger job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Park Ranger responsibilities include:
- Greeting visitors and explaining the park rules and safety regulations
- Patrolling the campsite and ensuring visitors are following the rules and not disrupting the natural environment or other guests
- Working in the visitors center to hand out maps and point out areas of interest or areas that are off-limits
We are looking for a Park Ranger to join our team and help protect our forests and conservatories while ensuring the safety and well-being of visitors visiting the surrounding area.
A Park Ranger’s responsibilities include educating guests about the area, protecting campgrounds and trails, and answering questions on tours with visitors.
Ultimately, you will work with visitors to ensure their safety and help preserve the natural environment.
- Conduct tours and educational presentations
- Check and clear trails, perform park maintenance, and prepare campsites for visitors
- Perform emergency care, such as CPR, first aid, search and rescue, and assist with stopping or containing forest fires
- Perform animal care, such as reporting or caring for wounded animals, trapping or tranquilizing sick or dangerous animals, and removing animal carcasses
- Develop environmental educational programs for schools
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Park Ranger or similar role
- Physical fitness to work outdoors
- Strong communication skills
- A willingness to help people and passions for conservation
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Park Ranger
Frequently asked questions
What does a Park Ranger do?
A Park Ranger provides administrative support, visitor services, and protection to wildlife areas and conservatories.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Park Ranger?
A Park Ranger has many responsibilities, such as leading tours, enforcing park rules, and protecting the natural environment in surrounding areas.
What makes a good Park Ranger?
A good Park Ranger must be in excellent physical condition to be able to walk and maintain trails, as well as aid in search and rescue missions.
Who does a Park Ranger work with?
A Park Ranger will work with many professionals like a Facilities Manager to ensure facilities around wildlife areas and conservatories are maintained as needed.