Use this Patient Service Representative job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Patient Service Representative responsibilities include:
- Greeting and directing patients to examination rooms
- Scheduling patient appointments and making reminder calls
- Informing patients about delays and wait times
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organized Patient Service Representative to join our medical practice.
A Patient Service Representative’s responsibilities include various activities related to patient intake, such as greeting patients or verifying information supplied by them.
A Patient Service Representative needs to have strong organizational skills along with the ability to think on their feet when faced with new situations that arise throughout each day within a professional medical environment.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients and our medical staff to answer any questions they may have about treatment options or insurance coverage.
- Update and verify patient information at every visit
- Assist patients with filling out patient history forms, consent forms and payment contract forms
- Receive and process cash and credit card payments for medical services rendered
- Review patient accounts, identify delinquent accounts and collect overdue payments
- Answer, investigate and/or direct patient inquiries or complaints to the appropriate medical staff member
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Patient Service Representative or similar role
- Knowledge of medical terms and practices
- Professional manner and appearance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Patient Service Representative do?
A Patient Service Representative is responsible for welcoming and explaining and completing any necessary paperwork with patients. In addition, they make sure that the health care setting they are working in is in accordance with regulatory standards and practices.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Patient Service Representative?
A Patient Service Representative has many responsibilities like assessing patient medical history, identifying any problems or concerns that need immediate attention, and referring them to other medical professionals as needed.
What makes a good Patient Service Representative?
A good Patient Service Representative must have excellent phone etiquette and interpersonal skills to speak with patients in a high-pressure environment. In addition, they must have well-developed organizational abilities, which allow them to pay close attention when handling multiple tasks at a time.
Who does a Patient Service Representative work with?
The Patient Services Representative typically works at hospitals, clinics or doctor’s offices. They work with many other medical professionals like Doctors and Nurses throughout their shift.