Use this Program Specialist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Program Specialist responsibilities include:
- Researching trends and gathering resources on new activities and programs
- Overseeing the planning and coordination of new activities
- Providing guidance on subject-matter projects to employees and management teams
We are looking for a Program Specialist to join our team and take on a variety of administrative responsibilities to help our organization plan and implement new activities and programs.
Program Specialist responsibilities include providing guidance and direction to employees about various programs within the organization.
Ultimately, you will work with leaders across the organization to help teams implement new activities and programs as needed.
- Plan and attend collaboration meetings to ensure projects are on schedule
- Create monthly and/or quarterly budgets for all company programs
- Provide consultation services regarding compliance with tax laws, policies, and company procedures
- Report feedback on the success and/or failure of certain projects and activities
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Program Specialist or similar role
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, researching, and report writing
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Program Specialist
Frequently asked questions
What does a Program Specialist do?
A Program Specialist helps coordinate and manage various subject-matter programs within a company. They are responsible for planning team-building activities, implementing policies of the program they oversee as well as communicating with all stakeholders involved in their area’s work.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Program Specialist?
A Program Specialist has many responsibilities, such as creating monthly budgets for company programs and ensuring that all programs meet the organization’s mission.
What makes a good Program Specialist?
A good Program Specialist must have strong verbal and written communication skills since they will be communicating with leaders and employees from across the organization about new programs and activities.
Who does a Program Specialist work with?
A Program Specialist will work with many professionals like Executive Administrative Assistants to ensure that new programs are rolled out and adopted throughout the organization.