Use this Radiation Therapist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Radiation Therapist responsibilities include:
- Providing individualized radiation therapy treatments to patients in consultation with the oncology team
- Explaining the process to patients and answering any questions
- Administering radiation therapies as per patient treatment plans
We are looking for a Radiation Therapist to join our oncology team to help with the planning and execution of radiotherapy treatments for our patients.
Radiation Therapist responsibilities include working with radioactive materials during patient care to identify and treat cancer cells in the patient’s body.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients to create and execute treatment plans based on their needs. You will also work with a team of oncologists to deliver exceptional patient care.
- Use medical imaging equipment to ensure treatments are delivered accurately
- Assess patients’ reactions to treatments and provide advice and methods of alleviating the side effects of treatments
- Monitor the progress of patients and suggest amendments to treatment plans when necessary
- Provide ongoing support to patients and their families
- Perform quality assurance tests on simulation and treatment machines to ensure they are in working order
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Radiation Therapist or similar role
- Superb technical skills
- Proficient in using medical imaging equipment
- Ability to think critically
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding hand-eye coordination
- Bachelor’s degree in radiation therapy is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Radiation Therapist do?
A Radiation Therapist works closely with other members of oncology teams to deliver concentrated radiotherapy toward the region of a patient’s tumor. They also help create and execute treatment plans to remove cancers and tumors to ensure the health of their patients.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Radiation Therapist?
Radiation Therapists work closely with patients to conduct different procedures to help shrink or remove cancers and tumors from their patients. They also work with various medical equipment to deliver treatment options based on the needs of their patients and based on the recommendations of other professionals on their oncology team.
What makes a good Radiation Therapist?
A good Radiation Therapist must have excellent people skills since they work directly with patients to create and execute appropriate treatment plans. They also need to be knowledgeable about their field to provide insight and guidance to patients and their families whenever they are asked questions and provide medical care when needed.
Who does a Radiation Therapist work with?
Radiation Therapists typically work with other health professionals to deliver expert care and are supervised by a Lead Oncologist who oversees patient treatment options.