Use this Service Coordinator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Service Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Assessing the service needs of clients and linking them to the appropriate resources and providers
- Facilitating programs and services, job training and transportation
- Developing a resource directory of local social service agencies and providers for easy access
We are looking for a Service Coordinator to join our team to provide recommendations and suggestions for new services to our clients. We need someone detail-oriented with an eye on customer satisfaction to ensure clients receive the services they need for a speedy recovery.
A Service Coordinator’s responsibilities include working directly with clients to ensure their care. They explain what options are available and keep records about everything offered in the facility.
- Assist clients with applications for benefits and entitlement programs
- Advocate for adequate, timely and cost-effective services
- Respond to any issues that occur during the delivery of services
- Assist clients with living independently in their own homes
- Schedule appointments for clients, answer phones and track clients’ service records
- Monitor the services being provided and stay up to date on any services being introduced or discontinued
- Evaluate the quality of all services and identify areas that need improvements
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Service Coordinator or similar role
- Strong work ethic and service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Stay up to date with services, policies and regulations
- Strong record-keeping and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- An associates degree or bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Service Coordinator do?
The Service Coordinator is a vital link in the healthcare system. They work to make sure that every client has access to and understands their options, and they offer resources for those who can’t afford care on their own, including low-income families with children.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Service Coordinator?
A Service Coordinator is responsible for the well-being of their clients in the healthcare system. This means that a Service Coordinator must provide recommendations and direction to help families choose the right services to improve their health conditions.
What makes a good Service Coordinator?
A good Service Coordinator needs to have excellent communication skills since they work with a variety of people in high-stress situations. They also need to have extensive knowledge about the healthcare system to provide their clients with the best options based on their needs.
Who does a Service Coordinator work with?
A Service Coordinator works with a variety of healthcare professionals like Nurses to ensure their clients receive the best treatment possible. They also work with clients in a variety of challenging situations.