Use this Travel Nurse job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Travel Nurse responsibilities include:
- Traveling to patients’ homes, schools and other organizations to administer medication and vaccinations and complete blood pressure, glucose and other tests
- Performing wound inspections, changing dressings and monitoring patients’ overall wellbeing
- Addressing patient concerns while providing healthcare and nutritional advice
We are looking for a Travel Nurse to join our healthcare team and work with our patients as we resolve staffing shortages.
Travel Nurse responsibilities include performing tests, administering medications and writing reports to inform our doctors and other healthcare professionals to diagnose and treat patients.
Ultimately, you will travel to various locations to fill in gaps where there are shortages of experienced Nurses.
- Address patient concerns and providing healthcare and nutritional advice where possible
- Monitor patients’ recovery and compile reports for the relevant doctors and other stakeholders
- Complete your duties at hospitals, clinics and other healthcare facilities
- Ensure that all equipment and medical supplies are kept sterile and well-organized
- Arrive in a timely manner to perform your duties
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Travel Nurse or similar role
- Relevant licensure and certifications
- A completed apprenticeship or experience in a similar role
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to follow instructions while also working independently
- Excellent report writing skills and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or equivalent
Frequently asked questions
What does a Travel Nurse do?
A Travel Nurse is a healthcare worker who is responsible for going to different locations in order to provide care and assistance. They typically do this by working at residential homes, schools or other organizations where there may not always be enough staff on hand.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Travel Nurse?
Travel Nurses have many responsibilities, including administering care, medications and communicating with physicians and other healthcare professionals about their plan for patients’ treatment.
What makes a good Travel Nurse?
A Travel Nurse needs to be an expert in all areas of nursing to ensure their patients receive proper treatment. They also need excellent communication skills as they work directly with patients and alongside Physicians and other healthcare professionals throughout their shift.
Who does a Travel Nurse work with?
A Travel Nurse will usually work directly with Physicians throughout their shift to ensure their patients receive property treatment.